I found myself spending half a day onsite at a client this week translating CE logs with readlog.exe and turning the setup upside down trying to find a solution to the problem I was facing.
Whilst yet unresolved, I have a pretty good indication that things will be sorted soon!
Firstly, I was getting the following error:
:: AutodiscoverServiceImpl::GetPrimarySmtpAddress: primarySmtp=, hr=80ee0058
From a known working installation I looked at the same logs and found it to look like this:
:: AutodiscoverServiceImpl::GetPrimarySmtpAddress: primarySmtp=Gerhard.Wessels@domain.com,
With no obvious or immediate ideas I woke up this morning thinking that the issue was somehow certificate related.
I ran the Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyser only to find that the certificate chain was problematic.
The certificate was issued by Geotrust, and has a string of intermediate certificates and root CA certificates to be disabled.
All this said, I was not able to rectify the problem and had to escalate to geotrust for assistance.
Perhaps something to check!
Issue Repaired!! UPDATE 1
After 3 days of emails between myself and Geotrust the agent, Kim, from Australia finally suggested a remote session, once checked all was well and Kim suggested that I actually restart the server, since sometimes the certs may get “stuck”.
Naturally being normal business hours an after hours change had to be scheduled. Once the restart had been completed the CX600’s onsite starting showing calendar information and contact details, needless to say this required a restart on the phones…
So my only advice here is to double check the certificate chain, it would appear that if all is in place, the phones should work 100%
Issue Repaired!! UPDATE 2
I had the pleasant experience of finding another one of these, this time the issue was slightly different:
1. The was no autodiscover.domain which was resolving internally and the exchange vendor had setup mail.domain.com/autodiscover in the web URLS. Naturally wanting things to be right I repaired this.
2. Once this was done the phones started showing a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark claiming “invalid credentials” for the exchange services. I removed “require ssl” from the root of the exchange server IIS and whola! This fixed the issue!